Advertisements

Mirror,Mirror

31 Mar

What do you see when you look in the mirror? Most of us look and see our flaws. For me, it’s the new gray hairs, the lines that are starting to show, etc. What about the positives? Do we ever look and say, ‘Dang, I’m gorgeous!’ or ‘Wow, new lines. It’s wonderful seeing life experiences on my face.’ Believe me, those things have NEVER come to mind while looking at myself. But what if mirrors could talk back? What would they say?

Recently, Snow White has made a comeback. Once Upon A Time (a new TV show I love on ABC–I love fairytales), Mirror Mirror with Julia Roberts, Snow White and The Huntsman coming out with Kristen Stewart of Twilight fame…remember the mirror? ‘You are the fairest of them all.’ If my mirror could talk to me I would hope it says, ‘It’s ok, you’re beautiful. You see the lines around your eyes, I can see into your eyes and the experience and wisdom you have gained through the years; you see lines around your mouth, I see the imprint of joy and all of your moments smiling; the gray hairs? Well, that can be colored.’

What is a true mirror in our lives? Our friends and family. Think about it, the people we connect with reflect back to us how we treat them. Kindness begets kindness. Love bounces back (most of the time). Authenticity brings truth to relationships; and if you haven’t noticed, for the most part, a smile brings on a smile. What do your friends think about you? They are your mirror. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Look in the mirror and realize there is no one else quite like you!

Today I wear Bobbi Brown High Shimmer lipgloss in Bare Sparkle, a champagne colored shimmery gloss. It is BEAUTIFUL and goes well on top of lipstick to add a beautiful shimmer. I chose it because it’s beautiful and sparkly on its own which is what I hope to be.

Advertisements

12 Responses to “Mirror,Mirror”

1. Jo March 31, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Nicely done, Anna. I am not sure I agree with the friends being mirrors of who you are though. The world is full of givers and takers and often we attract our opposites so that we may either give or take, I think.

I wish my mirror would just wink at me one time! LOL

• Anna March 31, 2012 at 8:47 pm #

Thanks Jo, I agree. My hubby and I are opposites, definitely not mirrors. I think what I was trying to say more was that if you’re kind, they’ll hopefully be kind back…or something like that. Thanks for constantly checking in!

2. freda smithers March 31, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

I am just recenty going thur all this, only i have extra scars. My mammogram didnt show anything so finally i was able to get a breast reduction done, only to find out the next week i had cancer. So exactley one month later i went thur surgery again, i dont like the mirrors. im still in the process of trying to accept the way i look and finding clothes that fit. Like my momma use to say “you can always put on a good face” so i try my best. I pray for better days ahead, my recent purchase was Mac Lusterglass in Love Nectar a new spring color, Freda

• Anna April 1, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Here’s to better days! Praying you get them, keep smiling. Someday, you will see the scars in the mirror and be proud you beat the beast that tried to beat you.

3. Word Nerd March 31, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

I absolutely agree with you. So many ways to say it: we reap what we sow, we live in the world we create, or we get back what we put out into the universe. I love you likening it to a mirror–who we are and how we are being reflected back to us by our friends and family. Very nice!

• Anna April 1, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Thank you Beth! You captured exactly what I wanted to communicate! I think it sounded like our friends are exactly like us…not what I meant, just what we put out is what we get

4. Kat March 31, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

I do agree for the most part that our friends do reflect who we are. I think we are drawn to friends who tend to share the same beliefs and views that we do. Family not so much. We can’t really choose our family with the exception of spouses. I do like your thinking on this subject.

• Anna April 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm #

Thanks Kat. I was more trying to say we reap what we sow. I don’t think I could be great friends with someone exactly like me. Introvert plus introvert equals one quiet room!

• Kat April 1, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

I didn’t make my point very clear, sorry for that. I don’t think sharing the same beliefs and views necessarily means having the same personalities. In my group of really close friends there are 5 of us and we have 5 different personalities. But down deep we share the same values in life.

• Anna April 1, 2012 at 6:59 pm #

I agree! Sharing values is critical, sharing similar personalities, not so critical 🙂

5. librajenn April 1, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

I think this is beautiful! And I think the people we surround ourselves with can be the best mirrors, because they so often see past the “imperfections” we pick out in ourselves. 🙂

• Anna April 1, 2012 at 11:01 pm #

Thanks Jenn, I believe the same! I think we’re on the same page!